PHCP Certified Practitioners must earn a minimum of 10 credits per year. Credits earned each year will appear in the profile of Practitioners, Advanced Student Practitioners, and Student Practitioners listed on the Practitioner page.
Clinics, webinars, and events paid through PHCP will automatically be added to your file. Events attended outside PHCP (that may not be listed below) should be added to your Continuing Education form to receive credit. You must be logged in to add and update events on your form.
Credit will be assigned as follows
1 credit per hour is assigned to required courses and PHCP clinics, webinars, mentorships, media presentations, and conferences.
1/2 credit per hour is assigned for approved courses taught outside the PHCP program.
There are exceptions to these general rules with more or less credit given for some events, as determined by the Education Committee.
- PHCP Conferences – 25 credits
- No Laminitis Conferences – 20 credits
- International Hoof Summit – 5 credits
- PHCP Beginning trim, anatomy, dissection, hoof protection and shoe removal – 24 credits
- Advanced anatomy (2-day) with Paige Poss – 16 credits
- Advanced anatomy and glue-on hoof protection (3-day) with Philip Himanka – 24 credits
- Glue-on hoof protection (2 day) with Deanna Stoppler – 16
- Reading Radiographs for the Hoof Care Practitioner with Allison Williges DVM – 8 credits
- Ride along with an Equine Professional (please submit a summery of your day/credit will be given once per professional) – 4 credits
Whole Horse Trimming hands-on courses with Ida Hammer:
- Exploring the Equine Hoof – 8 credits
- Beginning Trimming – 8 credits
- Intermediate Trimming – 8 credits
- Advanced Trimming – 8 credits
- Hoof Wear Patterns – 5 credits
- Hoof Protection class/Transitioning help – 8 credits per day
Online courses and webinars
- NRC Plus with Dr. Kellon – 10 credits; 5 credits bonus for passing the exam
- The Smart Way to Feed Horses webinar with Carol Layton – 6
- Cushing’s and insulin resistance with Dr. Kellon – 10 credits; 5 credits bonus for passing the exam
- IR and PPID webinar with Kathleen Gustafson, PhD – 6 credits
- Basics of Radiographs with Dr. Kellon – 10 credits; 5 credits bonus for passing the exam
- WTF? (What The Founder) webinar with Jeannean Mercuri – 3 credits
- Starting Your Hoof Care Business webinar with Christina Krueger – 3 credits
- Choosing and Fitting Hoof Boots webinar with Sara Hunt – 2 credits
- Glue-on Shoeing Basics with Deanna Stoppler – 2 credits
- Dr. Kellon’s 10-week online courses – 10 credits; 5 credit bonus for passing the exam
- Dr. Kellon’s short (horse-related) online courses – 2 credits
- Anatomy of the Equine full online course – 5 credits
- Independent Study Media Presentation – 5 credits
- Final Media Presentation – 10 credits
- PHCP Mentorships – 10 credits per day
PHCP Committee Volunteers
- Board of Directors – 5 credits
- Communication – 5 credits
- Conference – 5
- Education – 8 credits
- Enrollment – 3 credits
- Evaluation – 8 credits
PHCP reserves the right to adjust credits as needed. More events will be added as credit is determined.