single learning post
Booting, Casting, Shoe Removal & Power Tools
This clinic fulfills the Beginning Booting and Shoe Removal clinic requirement for PHCP students.
- How to fit and use a wide variety of boots including all of the EasyCare boots, Scoot Boots, Renegades, Soft Rides, Cavallo, Equine Fusion etc. based on performance, rehab or rider needs.
- How and when to use hoof casting
- Which padding options to utilize for various pathologies and rehab needs
- How to perform modifications and repairs to boots
- Safety with a grinder
- Trimming hooves with power tools
- Shoe removal for ease and comfort to both horse and trimmer
- Casting and booting on live horses
Meals will be provided.
If possible, students should bring their own tools (gloves, apron, nippers, rasp, knife, hoof pick and stand) but we will have some to share if need be especially for those flying.
Contact Jeannean Mercuri for further clinic information as well as travel recommendations and available lodging.
PayPal payment to email@example.com or send checks to:
The Hoof Fairy LLC
103 Woodlot Rd
Ridge, NY 11961
Please note that there is a $75 deposit requirement to reserve your spot in the clinic. If there are not enough attendees and the clinic is cancelled, deposits will be refunded immediately. If you cancel, your reservation fee is non refundable, no exceptions.